Instituto Nacional de Traumatologia e Ortopedia—Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Spine Center Director:
Luis Eduardo do Carelli Texeira da Silva
Luiz Cláudio Vilella Schettino
Alderico Girão Campos de Barros
Gustavo Borges Laurindo Azevedo
Antônio Eulálio Araújo Pedrosa Junior
Renato Henriques Tavares
Luis Antônio Medeiros Moliterno
Renato João Muniz Texeira
Alexandre Peixoto de Melo
América Almeida Limoeiro
Ricardo de Souza Portes Meirelles
Most frequent pathologies
approx. 1 per month
Analize all measures that will be made to provide the best possible treatment to the patient and reach the surgical goals, all lead by the program director. Decisions are always based in the best outcome for the patient, based on case discussions and clinical rounds.
1. Fellows are required to participate in all spine center activities. All activities are supervisioned by at least one member of spine staff;
2. Assisting surgeries;
3. Attending outpatients clinics;
4. Following up pre and postoperative patients within their stay in hospital;
5. Every week one of the fellows present all cases operated on the week before and are responsible for one article discussion;
6. To finish the program: fellow need to prepare an article (clinical or experimental).
All research conducted at the Institute is first evaluated by the research committee and the ethics committee of the Institute. We have tissue bank, biomechanical lab, cell-terapy lab and animal research lab available for our projects.
fellows Project´s participation must be informed to AOSLA office as a part of their mandatories activities.
The meetings happen once in the week, starting in March and following the subjects bellow: