Join us in Birmingham for a Principles Degeneration course!
02 November 2018
A special lecture will be dedicated to spinal navigation and its role in modern spinal surgery.
On behalf of AOSpine UK we would like to welcome you to the AOSpine Principles course in Birmingham, UK.
Degenerative spinal conditions represent one of the most frequent domains of spinal pathology, which can affect patients of any age. Appropriate management can reduce the morbidity and improve significantly the life quality of these patients. This course is aimed at trainees in both specialities with interest in mastering the key concepts in the evaluation and management of degenerative spinal problems. The participants will have the opportunity to interact with exceptional and very experienced faculty - both with neurosurgical and orthopedic background.
Theoretical knowledge will be supplemented with hands-on training in the use of implants and techniques – open and computer navigation guided to facilitate the operative management of degenerative spinal problems. Each session of this event will be moderator driven, so that the discussions are largely interactive.
The success of the course relies on you - the participants taking an active part in the lectures, discussions and practical sessions. We will have time allocated for participants to bring your cases for discussion in a friendly open forum.
After the event, participants will be able to:
- Diagnose the patients with degenerative spinal problems
- Order appropriate imaging studies based on the history and physical examination findings
- Select operative and non-operative interventions based on the best available evidence and on the natural history
- Safely instrument the cervical and thoracolumbar spine using anatomical landmarks
- Apply sound biological and biomechanical principles to each procedure
- Anticipate, prevent, diagnose and manage surgical complications
- Describe the benefits and limits of spinal navigation
- Apply the principles of minimally invasive spinal surgery
- I dentify dilemmas in spine surgery as a junior consultant