AO Faculty Education Program (FEP)—Call for applications
22 November 2018
The AO Faculty Education Program (FEP), provides a framework to explore a variety of teaching methods.
- The program concentrates more on practical skills than on theory
- It guides faculty through the specifics needed to deliver high impact lectures
- It demonstrates how to lead interactive discussion groups
- Helps you instructs effectively at practical exercise tables
After completing the FEP, participants will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the core competencies by assuming a faculty role at an AOSpine course.
Mandatory online preparation
There are five weeks of mandatory online preparations prior to the face-to-face event.
Preparations begin with a self-assessment and progress to online self-study and discussion.
Course topics include:
- How adults learn
- Giving a lecture
- Running practical exercises
- Leading group discussions
Interaction is encouraged via online forums.
If you do not complete the online preparation, you may be asked to leave the course, and incur unnecessary costs for us. Please therefore only apply if you intend to participate in the online modules as well as the face-to-face event.