AO Spine Advanced Level Live-Tissue Course—Prevention and Management of Complications in Spine Surgery
Strasbourg, France—September 20, 2019
10 April 2019
To provide excellence in spine education, and in recognition of the need for specific training directed at the management of access, vascular, visceral, general, urological and thoracic injuries particular to spine surgery, AO Spine Europe and Southern Africa is proud to present the 13th AO Spine Advanced Level Live-Tissue Course in Strasbourg, France.
A selected faculty of the highest repute consisting of experienced spine surgeons as well as access, vascular, general, urological and thoracic surgeons will offer participants the opportunity of supervised live-tissue training on anaesthetized pigs.
34 participants per day (two participants, one table instructor and one ORP per live surgery table) will receive supervised training on vascular, visceral, ureteral and pulmonary repair techniques.
AOSpine is dedicated to delivering the highest level of training; so we have chosen to run the course at the renowned IRCAD Institute in Strasbourg, which is a world leader in live-tissue education with unmatched facilities for complication simulation and repair techniques training.
We look forward to providing you with new knowledge and confidence in the art of spinal access surgery.
In a live tissue environment (anesthetized pigs), participants will experience:
- The common approaches (anterior) to the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Recognize important anatomical structures relevant to each approach
- Principles in the avoidance and management of common complications
- Vascular repair, selected visceral, abdominal and thoracic repair techniques
After the course participants will be able to:
- Select the appropriate approach for the type of pathology and instrumentation
- Recognize advantages/disadvantages and limitations of each approach
- Identify and avoid damage to important structures relevant to an approach
- Apply practical principles of vascular, pulmonary and bowel repair
- Show practical competency in assisted repair of the above
- Orthopedic/Trauma surgeons
- Spine surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
- Visceral surgeons
AOSpine members Euro 1485
AOSpine non-members Euro 1650
Included in course fee
- Course materials
- Course certificate and CME accreditation
- Lunch and coffee breaks
More information and registration