Global Spine Diploma Program
The Global Spine Diploma (GSD) Program is the first globally developed, ultimate and systematic spine surgery training pathway for recently graduated orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons. Internationally recognized experts certify your knowledge, ensuring your place among the next generation of leading spine surgeons worldwide.
Why you should join
Join the first program developed for the needs of international spine care.
Benefit from the experience and support of global leaders in spine surgery during the learning pathway.
Learn online at your own pace. Self-directed and in instructor-led sessions.
Be recognized as spine surgeon worldwide and positively impact your career.
What we offer
Download the brochure for more information
- To learn more about the AO Spine Curriculum and the pathology domains
- To understand the learning journey and content provided
- To be informed "how to apply"
The application period for Global Spine Diploma Program 2022 is closed.
For more information, please contact our AO Spine staff at email@example.com
Learn with a clear plan
The Global Spine Diploma Program covers the following spinal pathologies:
- Pediatric and adult deformity
- Spinal fragility fractures and
- Inflammatory spondyloarthropathy
During the duration of the program you will have to complete at least one elective module. Elective modules are tailored to specialize your knowledge in:
- Spine surgery by mastering a topic of your choice from the wide range of AO Spine courses
- Research with the AO Program for Education and Excellence in Research (AO PEER) a collection of clinical research resources, reference documents, and learning opportunities.
Note: The elective activities are offered upon availability and are not included in the Global Spine Diploma Training Program registration fee.
The AO Spine Curriculum—From competencies to competence
The AO Global Spine Diploma Program syllabus follows the AO Spine Curriculum, which forms the basis for all educational AO Spine events and programs. It is based on Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs). EPAs convey broader skills beyond medical and surgical expertise ensuring targeted development of cognitive, procedural, nontechnical, and nonoperative skills.
The Global Spine Diploma Program Committee
The Global Diploma Program is driven, written, and taught by world-renowned surgeons and tailored to surgeons’ needs. With their vast experience, local and international faculty members give mentoring support through the program’s duration. Each faculty member has undergone a dedicated faculty training program.
- Frequently asked questions
- Program brochure
- AO Spine Curriculum
- Terms & Conditions
- Application Form (please download and save the file on your device, before filling in and signing it)
We are happy to answer your questions and provide you with additional information.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org