AO Spine recognizes excellence in education
08 July 2020
Asdrubal Falavigna, International Educator Award Winner 2019
Educational excellence is at the heart of AO Spine, and our organization is proud to be the leader in faculty development for our teachers. No other international surgical community provides teaching programs for such a wide range of different roles within education.
In recognition of our many outstanding faculty members, each year AO Spine presents various educational awards, and we are proud to announce the winners of the International and Regional Educators of the Year 2019.
The AO Spine International Educator of the Year Award distinguishes a long standing and highly respected member of the AO Spine Community who has demonstrated sustained and significant contribution to educational excellence on an international level.
- International Educator Award Winner 2019: Asdrubal Falavigna
The AO Spine Regional Educator of the Year Awards are bestowed on eminently appreciated members of the AO Spine Community in their region. The winners have demonstrated continual and meaningful contributions to improving patient care through AO Spine education.
- Regional Educator Award Winner 2019 (Europe and Southern Africa): Lorin Benneker
- Regional Educator Award Winner 2019 (Middle East and Northern Africa): Muzahem Taha
- Regional Educator Award Winner 2019 (Asia Pacific): Tomoaki Toyone
- Regional Educator Award Winner 2019 (North America): Rick Bransford
- Regional Educator Award Winner 2019 (Latin America): Alejandro Morales Ciancio
Join us in congratulating the winners for this distinction. We thank the winners for their continued commitment that will place AO Spine at the forefront of surgical education also in the years to come.