Call for applications: AO Spine International Board Chairperson
On behalf of the AO Spine International Board (AOSIB), we are pleased to announce the call for applications for the election of the new AO Spine International Chairperson.
16 January 2020
We encourage all AO Spine members who fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for this important position. As the AO Spine International Chairperson, you will be able to actively shape the future success of AO Spine globally.
The term of the current AO Spine Chairperson S. Rajasekaran (India) will end on June 30, 2021. Based on the AOSIB Terms of Reference, the term of the new chairperson will be as follows:
- July 1, 2020–June 30, 2021: one (1) year term as AOSIB chairperson-elect
- July 1, 2021*–June 30, 2024: three (3) years term as AOSIB chairperson
- July 1, 2024–June 30, 2026: two (2) years term as AOSIB past chairperson
* The change of office of the chairperson always takes place after the meeting of the Assembly of Trustees. The administrative cutoff is end of June.
In order to be considered for nomination by the AO Spine Nomination Committee (NomCom), candidates must be paying AO Spine members, and fulfill the following criteria:
- Current AOSIB member with at least 24 consecutive months on the AOSIB (at the time of the start of Elect term) or
- Past AOSIB member.
In addition, candidates must fulfill the requirements specified in the job description (see below). Individuals can only hold this office once, so past chairpersons may not apply again.
Electorate and voting mechanism
Based on the AOSIB Terms of Reference, the following voting mechanism applies:
- Electorate: All members of the International and Regional Boards.
- Each voting member has one (1) vote.
- The electorate will be informed by e-mail. The votes will be cast anonymously through the AO Spine e-voting mechanism.
Nomination and electoral process
- All interested and qualified candidates must submit the AO CV, AO Disclosure form, and a letter of motivation by e-mail to AO Spine International Executive Director Jayr Bass, by midnight (Zurich time), February 2, 2020—click the button below to download the documents together with the job description.
- The NomCom will review all applications and approve the eligible candidates by February 16, 2020.
- The election will run from February 20 to March 5, 2020.
- The election process is carried out according to the simple majority:
- A minimum of 80% of the electorate must vote.
- The winner holds a simple majority of all votes cast.
- If no candidate reaches the simple majority in the first round, a second round with the top two candidates will run.
- The NomCom will then ratify the election process, inform the candidates of the preliminary election outcome and pass the result to the AO Foundation Board for final confirmation.
- The elected candidate has to be confirmed by the AOFB on March 21/22, 2020.
- The result will then be announced on the AO Spine website and AO Spine Newsletter.