6th Middle Eastern Young Researcher Award 2018—Apply now!
21 November 2018
AO Spine Middle East and Northern Africa is pleased to open the call for the 3rd Middle Eastern Young Researcher Award for clinical spine research. The award is 5,000 Swiss Francs, and given to a high performing Middle East-based researcher up to 40 years of age.
The aim of the award is to encourage and motivate young researchers in the field of spinal care. It is a unique opportunity to gain financial and global recognition for spine-related research work which has been accepted for publication or already published in an international journal.
- The award winners will be announced in April 2019
- First place: Research Grant of 5'000.- Swiss Francs
- Invitation to display an e-poster at an AO Spine Middle East event
- Public announcement of the award
- AO Spine membership for one year
- Second, third, fourth and fifth place: AO Spine membership for one year
Submission deadline for applications is 28 February 2019
- Applicants must reside in the Middle East and Northern Africa
- Applicants can be up to and including 40 years of age on 28 February 2016
- A detailed CV must be included with the application, including date of birth
- Paper submitted for review
- The applicant must have first or second authorship in the manuscript
- The paper submitted for review should be an original spine-related research work which has been accepted for publication or already published in an indexed or non-indexed medical journal (International or regional) from 1 January 2017 until 1 January 2019. (If the paper has not yet been published a letter of acceptance from the Editorial Board of the journal should be included stating the publication date)
- Applicants can only submit one paper for consideration
- Applications must consist of a full manuscript in English declaring the background and objectives of the research work; the methods, results and conclusions made based on these findings, as well as a balanced discussion of the results in comparison to previous work in the field.
- Applications are evaluated based on a predefined set of criteria, including the relevance of the research question, its clinical impact and novelty value, the study design, the results and their interpretation
- Applicants without AO Spine membership are asked to provide a letter of recommendation from an AO Spine Member (membership valid on 28 February 2019)
- Applicants must ensure they have submitted all the papers required to be eligible for the award as incomplete applications will not be considered and applicants will not be asked for missing information.
- The award winners are selected by the AO Spine Middle East and Northern Africa Research Officers